To purchase please contact your local RV Dealer.
Aquaseal™ RVS is a proprietary, premium sealant tape that has been adapted for RVs from Aquaseal UTS foam tape. This new technology uses a patent-pending acrylic adhesive infused into cellular foam base material to provide performance far superior to any previous acrylic infusion. It has the ability to both expand and compress as needed to solidly fill irregular substrates without overflow.
Aquaseal™ RVS is a hybrid sealant that features the best characteristics of foam and liquid sealants while eliminating their respective weaknesses. RVS compresses uniformly without overspill to provide a lasting and effective seal against water, vapor, sound, dust and allergens, as well as dampening sound and vibrations. It can basically be over-compressed and remain flexible and effective. RVS is ideal as a gasket between joint faces that are mechanically fastened together, such as window and trim applications.
Aquaseal™ RVS has several specific applications appropriate for RV manufacturers:
- Problem-solving exterior sealant wherever a manufacturer might be having difficulty creating an effective seal.
- Around windows, especially on aluminum RVs with ribbed siding material (uneven surface).
- RV manufacturers most commonly use it for sealing and cushioning between floor substrate and RV vehicle frames, dampening both vibration and noise as well as sealing against weather and providing high temperature stability.
Aquaseal™ RVS is suitable for use on painted or unpainted metal, plastic, glass, wood, or other surfaces as well as between dissimilar materials.
It does not dry out, and is ideal as a secondary sealant behind liquid sealant. It is also Energy Star rated as environmentally friendly.
Available in a wide variety of configurations, recreation vehicle manufacturers determine the size of Aquaseal™ RVS suited to their specific applications and performance needs.
- Aquaseal™ RVS is packaged precompressed in rolls. The material contains a pressure sensitive mounting adhesive on one face to facilitate installation.
- It is odorless, clean handling UV stable, non-staining and highly versatile..
- There is no masking, mixing, priming, tooling, curing, clean-up or special tools required.
- Aquaseal™ RVS does not dry out and does not extrude out.
- Aquaseal™ RVS is tolerant of joint face irregularities and handles jarring, vibration, thermal and torsional movements of body and chassis.
|Typical Physical Properties of Aquaseal™ RVS|
|Base Material||Custom formulated cellular foam||N/A|
|Impregnation||Proprietary, Hydrophobic Water-based Modified Acrylic||N/A|
|Tensile strength||22.3 psi min (153.8 kPa)||ASTM D3574 E|
|Elongation – ultimate||157% min||ASTM D3574 E|
|High – permanent||185° F (85° C)|
|High - short term||249° F (120° C)|
|Low – permanent||-40° F (-40° C)|
|UV resistance||No changes||ASTM G155-00A Accelerated Weatherometer|
|Resistance to aging||No changes||ASTM G155-00A Accelerated Weatherometer|
|Compression set||5% max||ASTM D3574 E|
- Aquaseal™ RVS will not adhere to components that are dirty or dust-covered or to surfaces coated with oils or other release agents.
- Aquaseal™ RVS will expand to follow and fill irregular substrates within reason. Sharp corners and acute angles may need to be filled with additional filler pieces of RVS in order to ensure a proper seal.
- Substrate must be capable of resisting, without deflection, approximately 1.5 to 2.5 lb/in² (10 to 17 kPa) back pressure from the Aquaseal™ RVS.
Coil Return Policy
Uses and Applications
- Aquaseal™ RVS is an effective seal against water, vapor, air, sound, dust allergens and vibration.
- Suitable for use on painted or unpainted metal, plastic, glass, wood or other surfaces, as well as between dissimilar materials.
- For applicatioins requiring high temperature stability.
- Ideal as a gasket tightly squeezed between joint faces that are mechanically fastened together such as in window and trim applications.
- Use in applications where damping vibrations and noise is as important as weather sealing.
- As a secondary seal behind liquid sealant.
1. Storage and Surface Preparation
Tape should be stored in an interior dry location. Ideal application temperature is approx. 75° F (24° C). Tape expansion will be faster at higher temperatures and slower at lower temperatures.
Tip: For faster expansion in cold conditions keep the material warm before use and, if desired, apply heat from a commercial heat gun to installed material to accelerate expansion.
Joint faces should be dry and cleaned of dirt, oils, grease, etc. There should exist sufficient space to receive full width of the sealant.
IMPORTANT: Reels must be stored FLAT and kept compact. Should material expand in package it can still be used. Unroll material, allow it to expand, then recompress it between surfaces to be sealed.
2. Opening Reels
Only open materials that will be immediately used. Remove shrink wrap. Cut through outer liner at colored marking tape to start.
3. Square Off Ends
Start and finish ends must be cut square. For easier cutting, spray knife or scissors with mist of water.
4. Peel Off Liner
Remove release liner to expose adhesive face of tape.
5. Adhere to Surfaces
Press adhesive face to one surface. Align other surface with tape. Secure surfaces together.
Tip: If needed cut and fit small filler pieces, or double-up tape to fill panel corrugation or voids.
6. Join Lengths with Miters
To form a continuous strip overlap tapes and miter with a moist knife at 45° angle. Pinch mitred faces together.