To purchase please contact your local RV Dealer.
Aquaseal™ UST is a proprietary breakthrough sealant tape that uses a new-technology, patent-pending acrylic adhesive infused into cellular foam base material to provide performance far superior to any previous acrylic infused sealant. It has the ability to both expand and compress as needed, without overflow, to solidly fill gaps between irregular substrates.
Aquaseal™ UST is a hybrid sealant that features the best characteristics of foam and liquid sealants while eliminating their respective weaknesses. It is made of resilient cellular foam infused with a hydrophobic, modified-acrylic liquid adhesive sealant, which is compressed to a sealing density level appropriate to the application. Aquaseal™ UST replaces and outperforms liquid and butyl tape sealants, closed-cell and non-infused open-cell closures. It will not extrude between joints like caulk or butyl tapes.
Aquaseal™ UST compresses uniformly to provide a lasting and effective seal that can be used to seal out moisture, dust, air and wind-driven snow. It is resistant to bugs and vermin and is UV-stable. It is used with metal surfaces, concrete, plastic, wood and other substrates. Aquaseal™ UST is an ideal filler in expansion/compression joints subject to movement from thermal expansion and contraction, and as a gasket in mechanically fastened, non-moving applications.
It does not dry out, and is compatible with, and adheres to, most wet sealants. There is no shrinkage or blowout due to closed-cell breakage.
Typically, higher compression levels are required for water tightness in standing water or runoff. Lower compression can be used for temperature and sound barriers or other fill-in applications.
It is Energy Star rated as environmentally friendly.
Available in a wide variety of configuratioins, manufacturers simply determine the size of Aquaseal™ UST suited to their specific applications and performance needs.
- Aquaseal™ UST is packaged precompressed in rolls. The material contains a pressure sensitive mounting adhesive on one face to facilitate installation.
- It is odorless, clean handling, non-staining and highly versatile. It will not extrude from between joints like caulk or butyl tapes.
- Aquaseal™ UST is user friendly; there is no masking, mixing, priming, tooling, curing, clean-up or special tools required.
- It is clean handling, non-staining, odorless, and UV-stable.
- Aquaseal™ UST does not dry out and maintains a seal during thermal expansion and contraction.
|Typical Physical Properties of Aquaseal™ UST|
|Base Material||Cellular high-density polyurethane foam||N/A|
|Impregnation||Proprietary, Hydrophobic Water-based Modified Acrylic||N/A|
|Tensile strength||22.3 psi min (153.8 kPa)||ASTM D3574 E|
|Elongation – ultimate||157% min||ASTM D3574 E|
|High – permanent||185° F (85° C)|
|High - short term||249° F (120° C)|
|Low – permanent||-40° F (-40° C)|
|UV resistance||No changes||ASTM G155-00A Accelerated Weatherometer|
|Resistance to aging||No changes||ASTM G155-00A Accelerated Weatherometer|
|Compression set||5% max||ASTM D3574 E|
• Aquaseal™ UST will not adhere to components that are dirty or dust-covered or to surfaces coated with oils or other release agents.
• Aquaseal™ UST will expand to follow and fill irregular substrates within reason. Sharp corners and acute angles may need to be filled with additional filler pieces of Aquaseal™ UST in order to ensure a proper seal.
• Substrate must be capable of resisting, without deflection, approximately 1.5 to 2.5 lb/in² (10 to 17 kPa) back pressure from the Aquaseal™ UST.
Coil Return Policy
Aquaseal™ UST is the ideal solution for:
- Mobile Homes and Campers
- OEM Applications
- Buliding Systems
- Trucks and Trailers
- Horse Trailers
- Door Frames
- Concrete Building Joints
- Windows and Doors
- and hundreds more!
1. Storage and Surface Preparation
Tape should be stored in an interior dry location. Ideal application temperature is approx. 75° F (24° C). Tape expansion will be faster at higher temperatures and slower at lower temperatures.
Tip: For faster expansion in cold conditions keep the material warm before use and, if desired, apply heat from a commercial heat gun to installed material to accelerate expansion.
Joint faces should be dry and cleaned of dirt, oils, grease, etc. There should exist sufficient space to receive full width of the sealant.
IMPORTANT: Reels must be stored FLAT and kept compact. Should material expand in package it can still be used. Unroll material, allow it to expand, then recompress it between surfaces to be sealed.
2. Opening Reels
Only open materials that will be immediately used. Remove shrink wrap. Cut through outer liner at colored marking tape to start.
3. Square Off Ends
Start and finish ends must be cut square. For easier cutting, spray knife or scissors with mist of water.
4. Peel Off Liner
Remove release liner to expose adhesive face of tape.
5. Adhere to Surfaces
Press adhesive face to one surface. Align other surface with tape. Secure surfaces together.
Tip: If needed cut and fit small filler pieces, or double-up tape to fill panel corrugation or voids.
6. Join Lengths with Miters
To form a continuous strip overlap tapes and miter with a moist knife at 45° angle. Pinch mitred faces together.