Touch-N-Seal™ Fire Retardant Formula
To purchase please contact your local RV Dealer.
Touch-N-Seal™ is a polyurethane foam for structural insulation and sealing. Its fire retardant formula has many of the same qualities and benefits as the standard formula, but it includes a Class 1 flame retardant: ASTM E84 FSI 15/SMK 450 at two inch thickness with a radiation panel burning test of ASTME E162: FSI 6.
Fire retardant formula should be selected for insulating and sealing in areas such as the refrigerator cabinet, near the furnace, areas close to the exhaust system on motor homes, and around the generator enclosure of any RV. It’s considered for general usage in toy haulers where petroleum products are stored and dispensed.
Touch-N-Seal is a two-component system for many applications where fiberglass insulation might otherwise be used. It is sprayed on in liquid form and within a minute expands and cures into a solid that completely fills crevices or gaps, preventing water intrusion while enhancing insulation — a fire retardant R-Value of 6.23 per inch compared to a typical R-Value of 3.2 per inch for RV fiberglass insulation. It also bolsters the structural integrity of the RV.
Touch-N-Seal™ closed cell foam has been used in the construction industry for years, but this is the first time it has been offered for insulating RVs. Its closed-cell structure provides an impervious barrier for water, and it achieves a much higher insulating fire retardant R-Value of 6.23 per inch versus 3.2 per inch for standard RV fiberglass. It is quickly and easily applied using a variable speed spray gun. After application, the foam expands and quickly hardens to fill all gaps, bonding tightly to all surfaces to create an excellent and fire retardant seal against water, airflow, heat transfer and noise, while strengthening the structure. The spray gun draws from canisters that take up only five percent of the inventory space that fiberglass rolls would take for the same job. Fiberglass is one of the bulkiest materials to store.
Seal Design has introduced Fire Retardant Touch-N-Seal as an advanced technology solution to potential areas of fire hazard along with the ongoing challenge of leaks and inadequate insulation. Fiberglass batting doesn’t repel water but sucks it up like a sponge between the walls, where the RV owner may not notice it before accompanying water and mold damage rots the studs, creating an expensive and time consuming repair.
Touch-N-Seal Fire Retardant Formula can be integrated into the assembly process in a number of ways:
- A large refillable system can be the most efficient way, where large holding tanks and multiple spray guns could do all the insulating at one work station
- Small, portable systems can be used anywhere on the line. These consist of two small easily transported canisters in a box along with a spray gun
- The same portable system can be used to solve problem areas if the manufacturer wanted to spot fill areas difficult to work in, are potential fire hazards, or where leaks are common
- Seal Design works closely with manufacturers to develop the most efficient and cost effective way to integrate Touch-N-Seal into the existing assembly process.
Touch-N-Seal is quickly and easily applied using a spray gun with disposable nozzles.
More features and benefits
|Easily adheres to a variety of coated and uncoated metal, wood, laminate, glass and plastic materials||No worries about it adhering well. Easy to use just about anywhere|
|No VOCs or elasticizers||Environmentally friendly, eliminates bleeding, sagging and shrinking that compromises the seal performance|
|Disposable spray gun tips||Can quickly replace tips with no cleaning necessary|
|Different size spray gun tips||One fan shaped dispersal for fast application and narrow jet dispersal for accuracy in small areas|
|Manufactured to meet Energy Star and AAMA specifications||Assurance of quality and energy efficiency|
|CPDS 1000 portable constant pressure dispensing unit||Uses compressed air to deliver high foam yields that pass ASTM E162: FSI Radiation Burn Test for fire retardant application|
|Refillable bulk tanks and portable hand-held tanks||Time-saving ease of use no matter how big or small the job|
Seal Design and Dicor Corporation focus on the people and companies that use our products. This includes products, support and services that help improve the production process.
30,000 board feet of Touch-N-Seal can be stored in an 8 ft. x 6 ft. rack (less than 5 percent of the space needed to store traditional two-inch insulation).
- Insulation needs can be reduced to one product and a single supplier
- Available in disposable canisters and high volume refill systems for ease-of-use and reduced waste
- 12 month shelf life
- Pre-connected hoses for fast, easy set-up
|Class 1 Flam Retardant ASTM E84:||FSI 15/SMK 450 at 2 inch thickness|
|Radiation Panel Burning Test ASTM E162:||FSI 6|
|Density (ASTM D1622):||1.75 +/- 0.2 pcf|
|K-Factor (ASTM C518):||0.16 BTU • in • hr-1 • ft-1 • F-1|
|R-Value (ASTM C518):||6.23 per inch|
|Compressive Strength (ASTM D1621):|
|10% parallel:||13.2 psi|
|10% perpendicular:||6.8 psi|
|Tensile Strength: (ASTM D1623):||22 psi|
|Dimensional Stability (ASTM D2126):|
|-40° F, 2 weeks:||+.88% volume change|
|158° F, 100% RH, 2 weeks:||+14% volume change|
|Water Absorption (ASTM D2842):||1.0-3.5% vol|
|Closed Cell Content (ASTM D2856):||90% minimum|
|Maximum Service Temperature for Cured Foam:||240° F (116° C)|
|Shelf Life:||12 months|
|Use all contents within 30 days of initial dispensing|
Coil Return Policy
|Product||Board feet||Cubic feet|
|Fire Retardant Foam Kit 200/FR||200||15.5|
|Fire Retardant Foam Kit 600/FR||600||50.0|
|Products||Cartons Per Kit||Total WT. (lbs)||Cartons/Pallet||Kits/Pallet|
|Foam Kit 200FR||1||38||32||16|
|Foam Kit 600FR||2 (A&B)||105||36||36|
ALWAYS review and follow the directions provided in your foam kit. The below instructions are a general overview, meant to accompany the reference photos. ENSURE you follow all safety precautions including wearing protective eyewear and gloves.
Prepare the Area
- Make sure area to receive foam is clean and dry.
- Ensure the area has adequate ventilation. If flow-through ventilation isn’t possible, wear respiratory gear and ensure you can exit the area quickly if fumes become overwhelming.
- Ensure appropriate ambient temperature. Check application temperature in the instructions.
Set-up the Foam System
Rock the box or tanks to agitate the product thoroughly.
- Ensure foam is brought to a temperature between 70°-90° F before dispensing. Failure to ensure proper temperature may affect product performance.
Tear open the top of box along perforated lines (Figure 1).
Remove instructions and accessories bag (Figure 2).
- Make sure gun is “OFF” by pushing trigger lock into gun body.
- Attach hoses. Connect the red hose to the red cylinder (unit A), connect the white hose to the white tank (unit B), inserting hoses into carton holes. Tighten hoses with wrench provided.
- Close cartons, unlock gun and spray into waste container to ensure chemicals distribute evenly and equally from both hoses.
- Lubricate o-ring (petroleum jelly is fine).
Select spray nozzle (yellow for fan pattern/flat areas, transparent for high-velocity linear spray/cracks and voids). Align slots on nozzle with notch on gun barrel and push/twist nozzle clockwise to lock in place (Figure 3).
Spray again into waste container to ensure product is mixing properly. The foam should be off-white in color (not brown or white – which indicates one unit is not working properly)
( Figure 4).
- Foam is now ready to apply.